Re: [RFC] Fix BUG splat during nubus_driver_register()

Hi Finn,

Am 03.05.18 um 12:52 schrieb Finn Thain:
No need for a Mac test in nubus_proc_init() as it appears to work just
fine.

Yes. I suggested a MACH_IS_MAC() test because zorro_proc_init() has a
similar test. The postcore_initcall() approach retains the MACH_IS_MAC()
test, so as to bypass nubus_proc_init(). Either way is fine with me.

OK, that'll eliminate /proc/nubus, and legacy software won't know about
/sys/nubus anyway.
Are we confusing any legacy user space tools that might check for
presence of /proc/nubus with this patch?
I doubt it.

Me too. But I've been wrong before.

Do you want an alternative patch tested (MACH_IS_MAC() test in
nubus_driver_register() instead)?

The second patch might be worth testing, but I would wait to hear from
Geert before I did so.

Fair enough - your patch fixes the issue, that's what matters.

FWIW:

Tested-by: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxx>