Re: mcf54415, spi nor and SD drivers

Hi Angelo,

On 07/10/17 08:22, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
On 06/10/2017 06:04, Greg Ungerer wrote:
On 06/10/17 09:06, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
Changes to spi-fsl-dspi.c driver is minimal, just mainly had to
get some few settings from board c file.

Now the issue is how to proceed, likely, spi-list gouys would complain
i add board/platform support to the driver.>>> Is it better i send a patch for this stmark2 board.c before ?

Sure, start with that. I don't mind if you send spi changes relevant to
the 54411 here either for review.

well, to post the stmark2 patch there is only one issue btw:
stmark2.c contains a dspi-patch reference.

#include <linux/spi/spi-fsl-dspi.h>

The above is a new file of few lines i created for the dspi
board.c support.

So, maybe i should start posting the dspi patch. I attach the patches for
your review, the patch n2 (spi-nor.c) is already under testing, so you can
ignore it.

I don't see any problems with patch 0001.

I certainly have no problem with the m5441x clock changes, and the
DSPI address defines in patch 0003. In their own patch I could apply
those now.

In patch 0003 I would avoid superfluous white space changes - there
appears to be a couple of blank lines added/removed. You can only ask
what the spi-fsl-dspi driver maintainers think about adding board
support.

Along with what Geert said I have been thinking about doing devicetree
support for the ColdFire boards for a while. But I have had no spare
cycles to really do any work on it.

Regards
Greg