Re: Re: mcf54415, spi nor and SD drivers

Hi Angelo,

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Angelo Dureghello <angelo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/10/2017 06:04, Greg Ungerer wrote:
On 06/10/17 09:06, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
Changes to spi-fsl-dspi.c driver is minimal, just mainly had to
get some few settings from board c file.

Now the issue is how to proceed, likely, spi-list gouys would complain
i add board/platform support to the driver.

Is it better i send a patch for this stmark2 board.c before ?

Sure, start with that. I don't mind if you send spi changes relevant to
the 54411 here either for review.

well, to post the stmark2 patch there is only one issue btw:
stmark2.c contains a dspi-patch reference.

#include <linux/spi/spi-fsl-dspi.h>

The above is a new file of few lines i created for the dspi
board.c support.

So, maybe i should start posting the dspi patch. I attach the patches for
your review, the patch n2 (spi-nor.c) is already under testing, so you can
ignore it.

Just wondering, have you considered adding DT support?
Then you don't need to add platform data support to spi-fsl-dspi (and possibly
a bunch of other drivers).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds