Re: gcc-4.6.3, was Re: Debian on mac68k

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, Angelo Dureghello wrote:

I also observed issues with some kernel.org toolchains, at least for
coldfire the 4.9.x was producing some wrong opcode, due to incorrect gcc
libs used over linking.

Maybe you can try some toolchains i prepared, they are the kernel.org
with some packaging adjustments done by me. Let me know in case if they
work for you.

http://sysam.it/toolchains.html

Thanks for that.

The only problem is that my fast Linux host is i686 and your compiler runs
on x86_64. But it is a convenient way to get hold of a gcc-5.2 compiler to
target m68k/coldfire.

I may have to build a recent cross-compiler to run on my i686 host if and
when my gcc-4.4 build lets me down, or I get time to chase down bugs like
the issue I have with the kernel.org compiler.

Regards,
Angelo Durgehello