Re: [RFC v5 00/26] Re-use nvram module

Hi Finn,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Finn Thain <fthain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, checkpatch reported a few newly-introduced whitespace errors in
patches 03, 05, 16, 24, and 25.

I will check again, but I'm sure those are all deliberate. I examined all
the "errors" and "warnings" before submitting.

checkpatch doesn't really understand the difference between whitespace
used for indentation of statements (according to scope) and whitespace
used for alignment of terms or parameters (when line-wrapped). Any tool
that fails to make that distinction can't be depended upon to correctly
validate the elisp in Documentation/CodingStyle, for example.

Checkpatch complains because you don't replace a sequence of 8 spaces
by a TAB in continuation lines.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds