Re: New maintainer and hosting needed for linux-m68k.org services (DNS, Email, Web)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:25:59AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Arno Griffioen
<arno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It looks like in about a year I'll be losing the option to keep on
hosting the linux-m68k.org services as far as DNS, email(-forwarding)
and webpages goes. Also I'm no longer in a position to have the option
of setting it up again somewhere else.

I'm quite happy to keep sponsoring the yearly registration fees for the
domain itself, but the technical/operational side will need a new home to
keep running.

So i'm asking for someone to take over these services. I can provide copies of
the relevant data (DNS zone files, current email aliases, HTML files, etc.) so
everything can be migrated in due time.

If anyone wants to take this on, let me know! Thanks!

Thanks a lot for taking care of linux-m68k.org for the past (almost) 18 years!

Lets buy Arno some beers at debconf as a little thank you. Are you still in
The Hague as listed on mirrors.html?  Maybe they have reasonable beer as
well, I'll be there in a couple of weeks.  BTW why is there a link to
discover instead of Chris' homepage?  I think the pages need some attention,
last updated 1999/2000, potato is just released. Some of the links are
outdated: Geocities closed in 2009.

As one of the big users of the email service, I can offer to have
linux-m68k.org hosted at Gandi (I have my company domain there, too).
That would include DNS and email forwarding.

We can start a little collection at our next meeting perhaps, or is there a
way to donate money to linux-m68k? As DD a domain costs only 7 or 8EUR per
year, two beers...

For the website (This is static pages only, right? How big is it currently?),
I have to check whether I can easily add a vhost for that.
It could easily point elsewhere, too.
I do not have time to actively maintain the website's pages, though.

Is there anything else than DNS, email forwarding, and website, cfr. the
"etc."?

A long time ago cvs.linux-m68k was hosted on kullervo (it's still pointing
there, but kullervo is not online). I tried to convert this to git, it is
now on people.d.o:
https://people.debian.org/~cts/m68kboot.git/
If the website is not too big (and if it is allowed by debian), we could put
a copy of it on a debian server. But something that could be editable by a
few more people (mabye not a CMS) would be nice to keep it a bit more up to
date?

Christian