Re: converting the NCR5380 drivers away from scsi_register

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

now that you've officially taken over NCR5380 is there a chance to look
into converting the drivers away from scsi_register to the modern
scsi_host_alloc/scsi_add_host method?

Have any other conversions taken place? I'm curious to see what was
involved. Hopefully not a re-write, like esp_scsi (?)

I have not yet managed to get mac_scsi working as well as it should: PDMA
is not working, either because I'm running it on the wrong (poorly
documented) hardware or because the driver has bugs.

I still plan to set up a machine with a DMX3191D pci card for testing. It
would be nice to have the driver working on that hardware (at least)
before making (or just testing) any substantial changes.

This will take time...