Re: m68knommu: CONFIG_I2C_COLDFIRE and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M5441x

Hi Yannick,

On 22/05/14 01:46, Yannick GICQUEL wrote:
The MCF5441x support is quite a hot topic today for our company.
This Soc family is seducing some of our customers, especially for it's long term support from Freescale.

We have worked on this target since past few weeks, using a Tower Kit hardware and JTag, and just about to prepare a full integration of this device on recent kernel release.
As a part of the open-source department, we have also planned to deliver this work to the community and propose some patches to refresh this target support.

Some informations we observe on this target to be refreshed:
 - NAND controller needs to be integrated again,
 - UART controller as well,

What needs to be done to the mcf UART driver?
It seems all other ColdFire parts have used pretty much the same
module.

Also :
 - This chip contains a MMU and can be unlink from the !MMU dependency

The ColdFire v4e MMU has been supported for quite a while in main
line kernels (from linux-3.3 onwards). I believe it will need some
tweaks for the mcf5441x, but the heavy lifting is done.

Also keep in mind that for ColdFire that have an MMU we support them
both with the MMU enabled and disabled.

This is for the big lines, if the community is ok for a patch receipt, some other feature can be also pushed.
BTW, what about this patches proposal ? Is there some time slot for patch proposal ?

Early and often :-)
Post them here. If you are really unsure about some specific feature
then you can discuss it here first. But if you have code already why
not just send patches.

Regards
Greg

Regards,