Re: m68knommu: CONFIG_I2C_COLDFIRE and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M5441x

Yannick,

On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 17:46 +0200, Yannick GICQUEL wrote:
The MCF5441x support is quite a hot topic today for our company.
This Soc family is seducing some of our customers, especially for it's
long term support from Freescale.

We have worked on this target since past few weeks, using a Tower Kit
hardware and JTag, and just about to prepare a full integration of this
device on recent kernel release.
As a part of the open-source department, we have also planned to deliver
this work to the community and propose some patches to refresh this
target support.

Some informations we observe on this target to be refreshed:
  - NAND controller needs to be integrated again,
  - UART controller as well,

Also :
  - This chip contains a MMU and can be unlink from the !MMU dependency

This is for the big lines, if the community is ok for a patch receipt,
some other feature can be also pushed.
BTW, what about this patches proposal ? Is there some time slot for
patch proposal ?

The patch discussed (but not yet submitted) would remove all code
currently hidden behind
    #if IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M5441x)

in the kernel tree. Now, I'm guessing the (new) code you're working on
doesn't care about CONFIG_RTC_DRV_M5441x. So chances are you could not
care less if that code gets removed.

Paul Bolle