Re: esp_scsi QTAG in FAS216

From: Tuomas Vainikka <tuomas.vainikka@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:36:09 +0300

Does anyone have the register descriptions for the FAS216 chip? It
would seem that receiving only one byte during reconnect is perfectly
normal [1] unless SCSI-2 features are explicitly enabled (which
esp_scsi doesn't seem to be doing).

This is quite possibly true.  I've never see it happen myself while
testing the driver though.

Also, looking at the timeout formulae in the old NCR53C9x.c driver,
the values would be different for FAS216. Why was this dropped from
the modern esp_scsi?

I've never seen a formula for any ESP or FAS chip for the timeout
other than the one mentioned in huge comment in
esp_set_clock_params(), although I do see the 7668 instead of 8192
factor being used in the old NCR53C9x driver.

I wrote esp_scsi.c based upon the old sparc ESP driver and the docs
I had available to me.