Re: [RFC 3/4] m68k/mvme16x: adopt common boot console

linux-m68k-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/03/2014 10:55:49 AM:

From: Finn Thain <fthain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-m68k <linux-m68k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/03/2014 10:56 AM
Subject: [RFC 3/4] m68k/mvme16x: adopt common boot console
Sent by: linux-m68k-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a multi-platform kernel binary we only need one early console
instance.
The difficulty here is that the common early console gets started by
early_param(), whereas the MVME16x instance would be started later by
config_mvme16x(). That means some interrupt setup must be done earlier.

---
This patch is untested on MVME16x.

I have no comments on the content of the patch(es).

I have applied these patches to a kernel derived from
linux-m68k git tree at kernel.org (m68k-queue as at 02 Mar).

I have tested the patches with MVME167 board configured for
diskless operation. The configurations tried were:

        a.      earlyprintk set and not set on the kernel
                command line,
        b.      CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK set and not set,
        c.      CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE set and not set.

Stephen Chivers,
CSC Australia Pty. Ltd.