Re: Kernel sections loosing attributes

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Michael Schmitz
<schmitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
loosely related - when did vmlinux.lds last change? I have seen messages to

17 months ago (the m68k part).

the effect that .init_end is not in a sectiion in my last attempts to build
3.10 kernels (both for Atari and Amiga).

Strange. Can you send me kernel and .config by private email?

I had been using a patched version of vmlinux.lds to add extra explicit
alignment at the end to pad the last section out to a page boundary
(binutils 2.16 is even more horribly broken than 2.18 potentially is), but
changes to vmlinux.lds appear to have defeated that.

For cross-compiling, you can also try (ia32 version available as well):
https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.6.3/
These should work.

Now that you have got tglx' attention in regards to the interrupt polling, I
would certainly be willing to test his patch. 3.10 won't boot - how far back
do I have to go?

Happily running 3.12 here.
atari_defconfig should be fine.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,