Re: m68k: five unused boards in Kconfig.machine

Hi Paul,

On 21/03/13 22:17, Paul Bolle wrote:
0) These five Kconfig entries in arch/m68k/Kconfig.machine are entirely
unused:
     config UC5272
     config UC5282
     config SOM5282EM
     config COBRA5329
     config SNAPGEAR

1) I think that these can be removed. But I recall from an earlier
thread (in 2011) that Greg wanted to keep SOM5282EM:
     Although it isn't used inside the code it does let the configurer
     know that this specific board is supported.

2) Would it be acceptable to remove these five Kconfig entries but add
text to the prompts or the help strings of some other entries to
indicate support?

I have been moving the underlying code to be more generic in
its support of various ColdFire boards. I am a lot more comfortable
now removing the specific board names if we really don't have
anything specific keyed on them.

Regards
Greg