Re: [git pull] m68k updates for 3.8

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Greg Ungerer
<gregungerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/15/2012 07:48 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
On 12/14/2012 06:04:51 AM, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Hi Rob,
Somebody got one of my images to boot under aranym but they had to patch
the kernel fairly extensively to add the emulated device support that
emulator provided. It doesn't emulate real devices the way qemu does,
but qemu doesn't fully emulate the processor (just coldfire in
mainline)...

I use aranym for testing m68k. Though I don't really pound to heavily
on the devices. I really only cross-compile small systems for testing
on it.

What kernel config do you use for aranym? I don't see an an aranym entry
in
arch/m68k/configs, and I stopped using it precisely because it required
several large patches to add emulated device support for everything from
serial console to block devices. (There was a kernel upgrade, it broke,
I cut a release without it. Pretty much the same reason I stopped using
squashfs for a year or so until it finally got merged.)

arch/m68k/configs/atari_defconfig

The normal defconfig (aka multi_defconfig) should also work.

AranyM is an Atari emulator. As far as I know all the special device
support has been merged into mainline now.

Indeed, as of v2.6.39.

Even without that support, an Atari kernel should work (albeit slower), except
for networking.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds