Re: [git pull] m68k updates for 3.8

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 03:48:20PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
On 12/14/2012 06:04:51 AM, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Hi Rob,
Somebody got one of my images to boot under aranym but they had
to patch
the kernel fairly extensively to add the emulated device support that
emulator provided. It doesn't emulate real devices the way qemu does,
but qemu doesn't fully emulate the processor (just coldfire in
mainline)...

I use aranym for testing m68k. Though I don't really pound to heavily
on the devices. I really only cross-compile small systems for testing
on it.

What kernel config do you use for aranym? I don't see an an aranym
entry in
arch/m68k/configs, and I stopped using it precisely because it
required several large patches to add emulated device support for
everything from serial console to block devices. (There was a kernel
upgrade, it broke, I cut a release without it. Pretty much the same
reason I stopped using squashfs for a year or so until it finally
got merged.)

config NATFEAT
        bool "ARAnyM emulator support"
        depends on ATARI
        help
          This option enables support for ARAnyM native features, such as
          access to a disk image as /dev/hda.

followed by rather obvious options that depend on it (block/console/NIC).