Event tracing support on m68k

Hi,

While trying to trace an m68k (without MMU) platform, I discovered
there's no "TRACING"
option on m68k menuconfig.

* Am I doing anything wrong? Is there no tracing support on m68k?

Now, I understand that function trace needs some kind of hardware support.
However, since trace events (like kmem events) look like some software trick,
I expected to get those architecture-wide.

* So, trace events also need hardware support? They aren't software-only stuff?

Any clarification will be most welcome!
Thanks!

    Ezequiel