Re: Atari TT (next)

Hi Alan,

That much I understand - but can we tweak the bootinfo to report the
chunks in physical address order? What I mean to say is - does the
first bootinfo chunk get mapped at virtual address zero always, or is
there some check to see what physical address corresponds to the
kernel segment?

From what I can see the first mem_info struct is always mapped at VA 0
which is done in paging_init() in mm/motorola.c

Thanks - I've got no kernel tree in front of me (no m68k hacking while
at work) so I'm working from (fuzzy) memory only.

Meaning the kernel has to reside in the first chunk then. B*gger.

OK, let's assume we

1) reorder the mem chunks in PA order

2) keep note which was the first chunk initially, and map that one to
VA 0 (instead of the first reordered one)

Does this break any assumptions in paging_init?

Cheers,

  Michael