Re: Atari TT (next)

Hi Geert,

Being on the Zorro II bus (first 16 MiB), it's slow on most machines and doesn't
support RMW cycles (needed for page tables) on Zorro III-capable machines.
In general, we don't use Z2 RAM as system memory on Z3 capable machines.

But is its physical address lower than the kernel segment's, as in this case?

Yes, Zorro II space is the first 16 MiB.

Thanks, so there would be a similar situation where Z2 RAM would not
be accessible to mem_init on Amiga.

But it's handled completely separately from system RAM.
Its mapping is set up in mmu_init_amiga() in head.S.

Looks like we may need to do the same for the TT then.

Cheers,

  Michael