Re: Debian kernel 2.6.38-5

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 08:58:00AM +1200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Christian,

Yes, but I am not trying to build a debian package, I try to build directly
from linux-m68k. This has worked, only the Amiga complained a missing
modules.dep (but I built in the network driver):

Run depmod -a after the Amiga has booted.

I guess I did not have the modules on the linux partition yet...

make ARCH=m68k CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-linux-gnu-
make ARCH=m68k CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-linux-gnu- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/data/m68k modules_install

The kernel boots, it configures the network (static). When I try to ping a
host on my network, I get this oops(?).  A few seconds later I also get the
mismatch message I reported earlier (does not show up in dmesg?).

It should show up - if it's being printed to the console it has to be
in the kernel log buffer for klogd to pick up.

You are right, I did not wait long enough. In 2.6.32 I see it in dmesg, same
error as before :-(
In addition the network module (and I thought it was built in...) did not
get loaded on boot. After insmoding it (modprobe did not work), the errors
came back. In addition sshd was blocking the kernel, so the system was
fairly unresponsive.

2.6.30 with TLS patch does not boot, I guess I did something wrong (do I
need to activate a kernel option?).

enough for today... but since Geert has found the problem, I hope a patch is
not far away :-)

Christian