Re: Debian kernel 2.6.38-5

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bad news: Christian T. Steigies has problems on real Amiga hardware:

However, the current (TLS) kernels have problems with the ariadne2 network
card, which, I think all Amigas here but crest have (ariadne1 in crest).
I get error messages like this with 2.6.32 and 2.6.38

 eth0: mismatched read page pointers 4f vs 4c.

Does that ring a bell anywhere? That’s running 2.6.38-4 plus
my patches, I think, so I expect 2.6.38-5 won’t change this.

I think I've seen that on occasion on the EtherNEC  (another NE2k
variant) under heavy traffic. From all I can tell it was harmless
(i.e. TCP sorts it out for you).

The transmit timeouts look bad though - is anything ever going out on the wire?

For some reason or other, I haven't had EtherNEC compiled in for quite
some time now. Perhaps it's time to give that another good beating.
Something might have broken in the NE2k code for m68k.

Cheers,

  Michael