Re: atarimouse (was: Re: [git pull] m68k SLUB fix for 2.6.39)

On Fri, 6 May 2011, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Hi again,

I've installed gpm but all I ever get when I move the mouse is
keyboard overruns. Does that ring a bell, anyone?

Looks like I need to move the mouse real slow - it appears the patch is
still needed. Moving the mouse down moves the cursor up. The buttons are
reversed as well.

I'll have to put the actual input interface call in a tasklet perhaps,
to shorten the time spent in the mouse interrupt handler.

The input interface overhead is cheap enough with ADB so I don't think
that's the problem. The printk(KERN_DEBUG "Keyboard overrun\n") in the
interrupt handler would be costly though. The comments in atakeyb.c could
be taken to mean that overruns are expected from fast mouse movements...

Finn

Cheers,

  Michael