Re: eglibc sysroot

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Is there a simple TLS test programme I can run before extracting the
eglibc sysroot and building gcc, to see whether the Linux kernel is
working as expected?

I don't know of any. Under the NPTL sysroot, you should see this:

$ /lib/libc.so.6
Available extensions:
	Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al

[snip]
extract sysroot
install updated linux-headers-*.deb and friends over that

You might want to remove the linux-2.6_2.6.32-23 kernel headers already in
the sysroot first. (They are courtesy of make headers_install and worked
fine for my purposes but I don't know how they differ from the
linux-headers deb.)

Or you could just use the existing headers instead of the linux-headers
deb until you get the eglibc packages built, at which point you can ditch
the sysroot and debootstrap.

Finn