Aranym, more than 244MB FastRAM, garbled display

I have almost exclusevly been running Aranym "headless" with Linux/m68k on
it (console=nfcon), but the last couple of days I've been preparing a "how
to" for installing gentoo/m68k and so I need interactive console access,
and since nfcon is read-only (will this ever change?), I've had to use the
SDL window.

One thing I have noticed is that if I set FastRAM in aranym config to
something higher than 244 I get garbled display, kinda like frozen random
noise - the kernel does boot in the background though. I tried with
different kernels (only up to 2.6.34 though), and with different versions
of aranym, but it didn't make much difference.

I should perhaps give 2.6.35 or 2.6.36 a go before reporting a bug, but it
does take a while to build so I thought I'd ask anyhow, if this is a known
issue and if there perhaps are any workarounds. Aranym is set with default
video settings, which should correspond to "video=atafb:vga16" as kernel
option I think.

Screenshots:

http://amiga.nvg.org/moro/aranym-244M.png
http://amiga.nvg.org/moro/aranym-245M.png