where to get XC68040FE33 chips? was, Re: sonic ethernet and powerbook 520

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Brad Boyer wrote:

Does the driver work if you just skip that part and program in a fixed
value that you know is valid?

Yes, it works fine. I'll send a patch that makes the driver read the MAC
from the chip when there's no PROM, like NetBSD.

Unfortunately, this CPU fails my LC040 test, meaning it has the page fault
bug... which reminds me, does anyone know where to get XC68040FE33 chips
(without paying an arm and a leg)? I have some spare CPU boards that I
might upgrade.

Finn