Re: bogl: don't know screen type 1

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Kolbj?rn Barmen wrote:

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, mike wrote:

I tried to boot 2.6.29 or whatever... It was so slow compared to 2.4 i
donno what to say, except its crap. Not a surprise if gcc produces
crappier and crappier 68k binaries anyway. Why the hell isnt freescale
on top of this? Fuck damn they should be on top of this and the
68050/70 the natami is trying out, and bloody include talent like Carl
S and Dave H that know what the heck the 68k, electronics, and the
amiga is about....

For what it's worth - my m68k systems runs current linux kernel, 2.6.30,
compiled with gcc 4.2.4 just fine, and I have not see any slow-down,
apart from obvious things in bootup, like initiating udev, creating
nodes and similar things that have nothing to do with kernel itself. I
also make sure to compile my kernels with only the modules that makes
sense for the hardware I run it on.

What happened to devtmpfs I wonder.

My systems are one A1200 with Blizzard 1230III (030+882@50MHz) and 32MB
RAM, one A1200 with Blizzard 1260 (060@50MHz) and 64MB RAM, and one Mac
Quadra 910 (040@25MHz) with 64MB RAM. Oh and my build box, Aranym with a
040@100-180MHz depending on host at bootup, and for the time being,
256MB RAM (allthough, it is down ATM, fixing filesystem disaster after I
somehow managed to launch aranym twice on same disk image :P)

Can't file locking prevent that? Sounds like a bug...

Finn

The A1200 with Blizz1230III has been running more or less non-stop since
1997 with only a break now and then when moving between locations, being
installed into new tower solutions, and infrequent kernel updates,

I dont use debian though, I use gentoo since it gives me a tool
(portage) to build packages the way I want them, stripped where needed,
bloated for the things I care about. Almost everything is buildt -Os.

So, in the end, I'm not so sure that what you complain about is for
real.

-- kolla