Re: Add private syscalls to support NPTL

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:56, Maxim Kuvyrkov<maxim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andreas Schwab wrote:
Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
The need would be (a) use numbers that are very unlikely to used for
normal syscalls,

I don't understand.  These are normal syscalls.

and (b) using -1..-4 for the syscall numbers works out quite nicely
for the code in entry.S.  It adds just a couple of instructions to the
execution path.

Those additional instructions are totally unnecessary.

Hm, I though it would be preferable to keep syscalls that are specific to
m68k (in the sense that no other target requires them) separate from the
ones implementing standard unix/linux functionality.

If the consensus is that the new syscalls should received 331..334 numbers,
that would only simplify the implementation.

I prefer to just add them at the bottom of the list.

(slowly recovering from my backlog) I noticed some new syscalls got
added recently:

| <stdin>:1515:2: warning: #warning syscall rt_tgsigqueueinfo not implemented
| <stdin>:1519:2: warning: #warning syscall perf_counter_open not implemented

Probably I should wire those up first (for 2.6.31, if still possible).

Next I should reserve 333..336 for you?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds