Re: current 2.6 on Q950

Hi,

Some good news: it boots!

That's good to hear. This is a model that doesn't get a lot of testing.

It works also quite decently; albeit slow, I was able to compile the whole GNUstep core stuff and two applications, that means several hours of compilation.

We don't know how to access the hardware clock on the Q900 or Q950. The
other models all had support at one point, but these two have never
worked. In fact, they used to crash because they were trying to use an
access method that didn't work for those systems.

That's unfortunate. I think to remember a disucssion some time ago about this, did past version of the 2.2 kernel perhaps get the time from the mac bootloader? That would help already.

it working. The floppy is the same as the IIfx, which I have. I don't
have either Q9x0 model. They aren't very common. Technically speaking
it would be possible to use the normal swim driver, but it requires
disabling the ADB ports. It would be tough to use the system without
any input devices.
Since my other mac I use linux on is the IIfx, I don't even bother asking :)

The SCSI is the other thing that is special on these models, so it's
good to hear that it still works. Does the external SCSI port work?
That's something that used to be broken. I think Finn was working
on some of that code to try to get both ports working.

I have a magneto-optical drive attached externally, I turned it on and at reboot I don't see it in dmesg. But it might be that in the external scsi bus is disabled from the penguin, I rmember that I needed to put in an option a long time ago.

Riccardo