Re: debian kernel m68k patches for 2.6.29

Michael Schmitz píše v Čt 16. 04. 2009 v 01:38 +0200:
What if I created a disk image with 15, 31, 63, 127, 255 and 511 MB
partitions and sent it to you? Would you please list what partition
sizes are mountable with _and_ without the Atari FAT patch that we are
discussing here? That could finally clear it up (for me at least).

I'm happy to do that. Can you please specify what parameters (logical sector
size, number of sectors per cluster) the partitions were generated with?

Atari GEMDOS and Atari partition programs always use 2 sectors per
cluster. Since FAT16 can hold max 32k entries you can compute the rest
of information from this (example: 63 MB partition needs 2 kB clusters
to fit into 32k cluster limit so the logical sector size for 32-63 MB
partition needs to be 1 kB).

Yup - did AHDI use particular values for logical sector size and sectors per
cluster that we'd need to make sure will still work?

See above - 2 logical sectors in a cluster. That is actually the only
difference from MS-DOS where they stick with fixed logical sector size
and are adding more sectors to a cluster, IIRC.

Petr