Re: cirrusfb: Picasso 4 card

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:14:25PM +0100, Krzysztof Helt wrote:
Thank you Geert for all information about Zorro and Picasso4 card.

I assume I do not understand half of at (at least) so my patch may be not correct yet.

I mapped only the first 2MB of RAM (I can add another 2MB in next patch if the patch works).

The patch to add a preliminary support for Zorro II and Picasso4 card is below.

Christian, please test it if you can. This patch must be applied after -mm tree patches
or I can send you final version of the cirrusfb.c file (it is about 70KB text).

My Amiga did not run Linux for more than a year due to some unfortunate
incident with the new disks for crest and kullervo. I haven't succeeded to
reinstall Linux yet, due to various problems, mostly time constraints. But I
have a working IDE flash disk now (maybe the SCSI drivers have been fixed in
the meantime?), and I have next week officially off, so I should be able to
get it going again. Please send me the final version of cirrusfb.c, if I get
a crosscompiler setup on a reasonable fast machine, I will give it a try.

BTW is there an AmigaOS driver to use a IDE-CF or IDE-SD adapter? I know it
will not boot from it, but it would be a nice way to transfer kernel images
to AmigaOS quickly. Especially if Linux is not running yet... in Linux, both
adapters are recognized, maybe a mountlist(?) in AOS would make it
accessible after boot as removable media?

Christian