Re: Macintosh booloader - EMILE

Le 7 janv. 09 à 16:17, Kolbjørn Barmen a écrit :

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Laurent Vivier wrote:

Hi guys,

a new version of EMILE is available.

It adds multiboot and ext2 support.

So, macintosh m68k developers, you can:

modify your kernel, compile it, install it and reboot ... as it is done on
i386.

I'm pussled. I decided to try emile on my q610, so I downloaded the rescue floppy and it works nicely, great! But the kernel was slightly old (to put it mildly) and I really just want to make a scsi disk I can boot directly
from, so I decided to build emile myself... what pussles me is this:

aranym emile # make
Makefile:9: tools.mk: No such file or directory
sh scripts/tools.sh > tools.mk
Cannot find powerpc cross-compiler
make -C docs all
Missing tools to generate emile.conf.5 from emile.conf.sgml
make[1]: *** [emile.conf.5] Error 1
make: *** [docs] Error 2
aranym emile #

scripts/tools.sh says:

 if test "${ARCH}" != "ppc"
 then
         PPC_CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
         if ! type "${PPC_CROSS_COMPILE}${CC}" > /dev/null 2>&1

Huh? It requires toolchain for PowerPC? What's going on?

Not required, but one day I tried to boot Linux on powermac to replace bootx.

I just want to build it on m68k :)

You just need to install docbook-to-man

Regards,
Laurent