Re: Merge headerfiles for m68k and m68knommu to arch/m68k/include/asm

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
I have used the following include guard:

#ifdef __uClinux__
#include "atomic_no.h"
#else
#include "atomic_mm.h"
#endif

gcc -E -dM for the two compilers revealed that this was the
only symbol that differed.

I think you can share a toolchain for m68k and m68knommu, at least for the
kernel (I used my plain m68k toolchain when experimenting with m68knommu for
Amiga).

With the above construct we do the "right thing" also for
headers exported to userspace.
But actually none of the headers using the above are
subject for export at the moment so we could use a
CONFIG_ symbol for the same.

So I prefer to just check CONFIG_MMU.

Some of them are, by means of include/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm, e.g.
unistd.h!

I'm not sure if it's entirely correct, but I think you can use

#ifdef __KERNEL__
# ifdef CONFIG_MMU
#  include "atomic_mm.h
# else