Re: [patch 3/2] m68k: Atari EtherNAT - add writew_be for data push

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Looking at the SCSI driver in 2.6.26, it's no surprise - the error handling
update that I did for 2.6.18 is not included in Geert's current 2.6 patch
series. Looks like I botched the patch submission way back when.

It's a pity. You put so much work in it but none of your patches
(EtherNEC, EtherNAT or SCSI) got it into a current kernel.

Is there a reason why?

When Michael thinks they're ready, he can submit them to netdev or linux-scsi
;-)

I'm happy for them to live in linux-m68k :-)

EtherNEC and EtherNAT are 'ready' in the sense they are working reliably. They
are by no means 'ready in the sense that mainline kernel maintainers would be
happy to take my patches.

Or should we get them into linux-staging?

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Introducing_the_Linux_Staging_Tree

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds