z2ram device on 2.4.30+ kernels

Hello,

I recently observed that the z2ram device generated output in the dmesg
indicating it was operating.  This was in a 2.6.26 kernel.  I have the
z2ram kernel option set in my config for my 2.4.30 kernel, I do not see
the z2ram being recognized at boot.  A google search did not indicate
any dmesg output which shows a Z2RAM device output in a dmesg on a 2.4
kernel, either.

So, is the z2ram support known to be broken in 2.4 or is there another
kernel config needed to enable z2ram support in 2.4 besides
CONFIG_AMIGA_Z2RAM=y?

Normally I keep the 16-bit memory hidded via a -m memfile option in
Amiboot, because if I don't, the kernel seems add it along with the
32-bit memory on my GVP 030 card.  When I recently test booted a 2.6
kernel, I saw the Z2RAM dmesg, and wondered if Z2RAM would work with
2.4.  Amiboot-5.6 does identify the 16-bit memory chuck (6Megs, the
other two being used by my EGS Spectrum card) without the memfile.

Thanks,

--Lance