Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

I'll hope to be able to give more debugging information soon.  I'll be
setting up a serial cable shortly.  By the way, do you know what the
settings I need to set on the other mac to read the powerbook's serial
port?

You get to choose those settings. The command line I gave has "9600n8"
meaning 9600 baud, no parity, 8 data bits (and 1 stop bit). Which is
probably the default anyway.

Either that, or 19200n8.

BTW, this is purely for debugging. The driver for the userland /dev/ttyS0
device (e.g. for serial console login) is not available (though we could
probably use the powermac zilog driver).

Using the powermac driver would be the long term goal :-) You can look at
what I did to the Atari SCC driver, and strip out the model dependent init
stuff there to get a working Mac driver.

I haven't used the SCC driver except for dumping kernel messages to
console in recent 2.6 kernels, though. Now that I'm back from my overseas
trip I'll start digging around in the current series some more.

	Michael