Re: Known working 2.6 kernel config for m68k Mac

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:22:35PM -0700, J Silverman wrote:

Thanks for the config.  I did some comparisons between my config and
yours and still can't seem to get it to boot.  Obviously I have to
keep my 2.6 kernel really stripped down to fit onto a floppy so maybe
I'm accidentally removing something that's really quite necessary.

So maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. . .When I boot
the kernel on my Powerbook 520c, EMILE successfully loads the kernel
and ramdisk and I then see tux with these few messages:

I didn't even know the Powerbook 520c was supported. :)

Well, there is a photo of a PB 5x0 on the Emile site. The bootloader looks
fine but I don't know if Laurent got the kernel to work (?)

  http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=102098

You could try an old kernel. It would be good to know whether this is a
regression or not.

  http://packages.debian.org/sarge/kernel-image-2.2.25-mac

The 68LC040 hardware didn't get much attention due to missing FPU and some
buggy CPUs. However, the linux-mac68k 2.4.1 kernel apparently got some
powerbook testing,

I don't know whether these kernels will fit on a floppy.

I tested 2.6.12 on a PB 150 some years ago but didn't have much success. I
don't have a PB 5x0 to test.

Finn

Hopefully one of the gurus can help you out.

Peace,

Stephen