Re: m68k libc5 regression

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:37:59 +0200 (CEST) Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I shall merge this fix into my tree (y'know - the one where memory
management patches are hosted) and I'll get it into 2.6.26 and shall
offer it to the -stable team.  This will cause me to get collisions
with the duplicated patch in linux-next but fortunately it is small.
This time.

So what's the appropriate way to handle this?

Well at least please reply letting people know what's happening with it.

Ask me to merge it and remind me that it's needed in -stable.  Or just
send the thing to Linus and -stable immediately.  Copy me and I'll do
the usual merge-it-in-case-linus-misses-it trick.

I should have kept it in the m68k series after NEXT_PATCHES_END, so
nobody sees it exists?

That would work, as long as we know that the patch is firmly on the
mainline and -stable paths.