Re: falconide broken

Geert Uytterhoeven writes:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
Geert Uytterhoeven writes:
 > One of the recent IDE changes seems to have broken Atari Falcon IDE.
 > My smoke test boot on Aranym gives:

Is Aranym the best emulator for doing Linux stuff on m68k+mmu?

AFAIK yes.

What I'm looking for is the fastest possible m68k emulation on x86,
at the level of a 68020+mmu or better, with basic disk/serial/ethernet
virtual hardware. I don't need any platform-specific hardware emulation
(Atari, Mac, Amiga, etc, which is what most m68k emulators seem to
focus on).

I tried aranym-0.9.6beta2, and managed to get it to boot the
2.4.27 vmlinux + sarge.img files available via the aranym wiki.
I had to disable the JIT, however, since with it aranym would
report a double fault (or something like that) and exit very early
during booting.

No serial port emulation as far I could see :-(

Perhaps Qemu is becoming a good alternative? I don't know its state for m68k.

It still (qemu-0.9.1) doesn't emulate the MMU.

/Mikael
-