Kernel 2.6.20 on a Performa 630

Some observations from testing the 2.6.20.7-m68k kernel built by Finn
Thain on my Performa 630.

Video mode problems when booting at any resolution besides 640x480.
Booting with either 800x600 or 832x624 will result in an unreadable
screen, however logging in blindly then executing "fbset -a 800x600-70'
will result in the monitor changing to the proper mode.  Attempting to
use fbset to change to 832x624 results in a message that the mode isn't
supported (valkyriefb: can't do 832x624x8), although it should be.

This build of the kernel is missing the SWIM2 floppy driver and the
Ethernet driver for the SMC Ethernet cards.

I tested the following Ethernet drivers successfully as follows:

macsonic - Using an Apple CommSlot card.
mac89x0 - Using a DaynaPort E/LC-T PDS card with the Crystal chip.
mac8390 - Using a Farallon Ethermac LC PDS card.

I'll try to find time to pull down the source and build my own kernel
with the missing drivers.  Also hope to test on some of the other boxes
in my mac zoo.

Ray

-