Re: 2.6.X on 68k Macintosh

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Raylynn Knight wrote:

I've not been following development of the 2.6 kernel on the m68k
Macintosh systems very closely for more then a year.  Could someone
provide a progress report on what systems are relatively stable and what
version of 2.6 works best.

I've recently updated the status page (I'm hoping to refresh the rest of
the site WRT the missing ftp and mail services Real Soon Now).

  http://mac.linux-m68k.org/status/

Also is there a good source of a pre-built kernel?

(I've been thinking I should put one up on sourceforge downloads page...)

Steigies' 2.6.18 kernel has some out-of-date patches for macs,

  http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/

but the most up-to-date pre-built kernel that I know of is this one, which
has fixes for everything that I know how to fix,

  http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/riccardo/

That one is from the m68k CVS (2007-03-03, but the m68k-2_6_20 tag should
be close enough), plus a bunch of my patches (which have since gone into
CVS HEAD), plus a couple of patches to avoid a binutils issue (in order),

  http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=113522805910317&q=raw
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-m68k&m=113522805714665&q=raw

-f

-