Re: FPU emulation

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> is it possible to build a kernel that does not use the FPU part of CPU
> at all? I have tried to enable all the FPU_EMULATION config options of
> 2.4.27 but the kernel still uses FPU instructions...

Did you setup the bootinfo properly? If you don't announce any fpu
support, it shouldn't be used by the kernel (if fpu emulation is enabled
of course).

> Has the 68881 emulation been tested for real in linux? Does it work
> properly?

It's not complete, but what's there should be quite correct and otherwise
it should complain about the missing instructions. I have a test program
which tests all the basic functions (although right now I can only find
the binary).

bye, Roman
-