Re: [RESEND LEDs] leds: remove led_brightness

Guilherme Giácomo Simões <trintaeoitogc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > Hi!
> > ,,,,
> > Yep. Such drivers should be modified to set max_brightness to real
> > number of steps hardware can do... then we can remove LED_HALF,
> > LED_FULL and such defines.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >                                                                 Pavel
>
> but this will require the effort of everyone who has already written drivers
> for some LED hardware. Because only the driver author himself will know
> all the steps for that specific LED.
>
> or, maybe we can adapt this drivers for understand the brightness as a 0 or 1.
> 0 for OFF and 1 for HALF and FULL. This is possble ?

If the manufacturers of drivers use the LED_FULL , LED_HALF , like in the
drivers/leds/leds-pca955x.c  on line 254 , how can I remove this ?

In some files, the driver uses the LED_FULL for make arithmetics

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]