Re: Bulk LED API

Hi!

> Beyond LED strips, LED matrices exist too. I'm not sure if those
> would rather be best implemented as DRM panels instead however.
>
> So here are my questions:
>
> 1. Am I correct in my assumption that such an API currently does
>    not exist?
>
> 2. Does mainline Linux care about addressable LED strips enough
>    to theoretically accept some of the concepts proposed in this
>    message, ignoring the fine details for now?

Yes, matrices exist. I'd suggest treating them as DRM/FBDEV. If you
have 1000 leds in a strip, it may make sense to treat them as 1000x1
display, too.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]