Re: NPD in phy_led_set_brightness+0x3c

> There is no trigger being configured for either LED therefore it is not
> clear to me why the workqueue is being kicked in the first place?

Since setting LEDs is a sleepable action, it gets offloaded to a
workqueue.

My guess is, something in led_classdev_unregister() is triggering it,
maybe to put the LED into a known state before pulling the
plug. However, i don't see what.

I'm also wondering about ordering. The LED is registered with
devm_led_classdev_register_ext(). So maybe led_classdev_unregister()
is getting called too late? So maybe we need to replace devm_ with
manual cleanup.

However, i've done lots of reboots while developing this code, so its
interesting you can trigger this, and i've not seen it.

	    Andrew

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]