Re: Proposal: Add color_temperature support

On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 at 18:52, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On the device Logitech Litra Glow it is possible to set not only the
> > brightness but also the color temperature (both via usb as well as via
> > hardware).
> > I am currently trying to add support for the device - and expose it
> > via LED - into the kernel.
> > So to support all device capabilities I am proposing to extend LEDs by
> > color temperature:
> > And initial patch for the headers:
>
> Internally, the litra glow is something like RGB LED, right? Can we
> support it as a multicolor LED?
The litra glow has 2 control dimensions - brightness and color temperature.
Both dimensions can be controlled in something of a continuous range
(not sure whether these are strictly linear or not).
Thus mapping to RGB would look like more of a very sparse array.
Also, not sure which exact RGB value you would map a color temperature
to anyway.
So at first glance supporting it as a multicolor LED does not seem a
good match to me.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]