Re: Multicolor Framework: brightness-model vs curve definition

Hi!

> >> I have been thinking about the last Multicolor Framework proposal by
> >> Dan.
> >
> > We talked on the phone... and I promissed some links.
> >
> > I'd really prefer drivers to present output power to the of the
> > kernel/userland, and deal with the RGB conversion else where. So if
> > driver was asked for (20, 50, 100), red output would go to (20/1000) W,
> > green (50/1000) W, ...
> >
> > RGB is described here:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model (see section
> > "nonlinearity")
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction
> >
> > And concrete values are here:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB#Specification_of_the_transformation
> >
> > While playing with colors, I came up with this:
> >
> > https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/blob/master/monitor/notint.py
> >
> > See change_color for exact transformation (it could be improvede,
> > linear part is not there). It can be also used to display same color
> > on monitor and LED. It get somehow reasonable results for me...
> >

> Does this use the multi color framework interfaces defined here?
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1060683/
>
> Minus the sync, sync_enable and brightness_model interfaces.  It does not look like that after looking
> at the notint script.
>
> Or is this your own multicolor framework implementation?
>
> We could meld these ideas together.

This uses legacy kernel interfaces. It is meant to demonstrate that
arbitrary color setting is feasible.
									Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]