Re: LEDs on thinkpad

Hi,

On 5/5/19 11:11 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

Thinking about standartized names... would we have good mapping for
thinkpad in the "new" framework?

									Pavel

tpacpi::power -- system is on

Initially there was "system" on my list, but here the question
is when the LED is lit. After system boot completes?

tpacpi::standby -- system is sleeping, blinking when system is
		   entering hibernation

All power saving states are defined to "System sleep states"
in Documentation/admin-guide/pm/sleep-states.rst, so maybe
having "sleep" function name is not that redundant.

Effectively, I propose: ":sleep"

tpacpi:green:batt -- battery LED, off when battery is not present,
		     yellow / blinking when it is low.

And green when it is full I assume? Is it multi color LED?

tpacpi:orange:batt

When is it lit?

tpacpi::thinklight -- keyboard light (on top of display) -- would we
call it kbd_backlight even if it is not technically a backlight?

It is not __back__ light. kbd_frontlight ? kbd_toplight ?

It also has these leds not controlled by software (in my config):

What does it mean? Is it possible to control them via GPIOs or so?

"AC is connected"
"disk activity"
"bluetooth"
"wifi"

--
Best regards,
Jacek Anaszewski

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]