Re: How are dual color LEDs best modelled in Linux

Hello Pavel,

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2019, 13:12:31 CEST schrieb Pavel Machek:
> On Tue 2019-04-02 12:23:29, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> > on my desk lies a piece of hardware with some dual color LEDs connected to
> > some IO ports. The LEDs shine green or red depending on polarity and are

[…]

> Fortunately, that is not too common setup. You still need two output
> pins and two LEDs, AFAICT only advantage is that you save one
> resistor. Don't do it.

Unfortunately, this hardware already exists, I have to deal with it, see
above.

> That said, driver that takes two GPIOs and exposes one LED with
> aditional color attribute should be acceptable.

So, do I understand correctly, there's nothing to deal with such a setup in
Linux yet, and I need a new driver?

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/leds-gpio.txt does not seem to document
such a usecase, so I guess the leds-gpio driver does not support it out of the
box?

What do you mean by "aditional color attribute"? Sorry, I'm not that deep into
the LED subsystem yet.

Of course I could just handle those as two independent LEDs for now, but that
would lead to not desired states, because both colors are not independent! The
only thing I could try would be let userspace somehow control the brightness
and triggers to avoid both colors cancelling out each other?

Greets
Alex

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]