[regression] next-20170307: led trigger deferral breaks sdhci

Hello!

I noticed that sdhci is broken for me on yesterday's and today's -next
and the bisect is pointing to commit 3f1318e01bb4 ('leds: core: use
deferred probing if default trigger isn't available yet').

At first I thought that ok, the problem is that sdhci driver is first
registering the led and then the trigger. However, then I looked at the
led_trigger_register() function and it appears to allow you to register
the led first and the trigger sometime later and populate the default
trigger later on. So then I am not sure why the above commit is needed?

It is not clear to me from the commit message for the above commit what
actual problem was caused by not registering the trigger first.

Cheers
Jon

--
nvpublic

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]