[RFC] leds: lp8860: Support additional features

Hi Dan,

I'm going to support additional features for LP8860 LED driver.

* New functions
  - SPI support (only I2C is supported at this moment)
  - Brightness control by external PWM signal
  - Display mode support (currently, only cluster mode is supported)

So, leds-lp8860 driver architecture will be changed as below.

  MFD: I2C/SPI operation, loading EEPROM values from firmware file
  Backlight: LP8860 display mode support
  LED: LP8860 cluster mode support

* MFD (new)
  - Three files will be created.
    lp8860-core.c, lp8860-i2c.c and lp8860-spi.c
  - Firmware I/F
    Firmware binary file contains default EEPROM values.
    lp8860-core will request a firmware and write values via I2C/SPI.
    Bin files will be delivered in separate location later.
    This feature will support several EEPROM versions with single driver.
  - MFD devices
    lp8860-core will create MFD child devices based on EEPROM value.
    LED_STRING_CONF[2:0] bits will be read.
    mode 0: backlight
         1: backlight + LED
         2: backlight + LED 1, 2
         3: backlight + LED 1, 2, 3
         4: backlight 1, 2
         5: backlight
         6: backlight + LED 1, 2
         7: LED 1,2,3,4
    (Please refer to the page 28 and 29 of LP8860 datasheet.
     http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lp8860-q1.pdf)

* Backlight (new)
  - PWM control mode support
  - Register backlight device

* LED (will be modified)
  - Unlock/lock EEPROM code will be moved to lp8860-core part
  - Multiple LED output channels will be supported

I'd like to have your opinion prior to creating patches.

Jacek,
It would be best if you have better idea for this. Thanks!

Best regards,
Milo