Re: [0/3] lenovo-sl-laptop : new driver for drivers/staging

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We will be happy to review the driver in linux-acpi.  Submitting it as
> a single patch against latest Linus is probably best.

I think I found the fan speed interface; I will resubmit to linux-acpi
after I finish it.

> Oh, and it
> should be checkpatch-clean if it isn't already.

Checkpatch complains about static variables initialized to 0. Since
it's my first time writing kernel code, I have to ask what are
probably obvious questions.
1. Why is initializing a static variable to 0 bad? or worse than
initializing that variable to 1, or -1?
2. If I want to have a module parameter whose default value is 0, what
should I do to stop checkpatch from complaining?

-Alexandre